Tuesday, June 12, 1990

How to import you ratings into iTunes

 For nearly ten years now I have collected mp3's and like many others I do believe I have the perfect music collection. I also spent an insane amount of time to rate all my music in Windows Media Player. My star ratings and the play count for each of every song gives me invaluable information about my music. So everything was fine until I decided to switch to iTunes. I somehow needed to import my ratings and play counts into iTunes from Windows Media Player.

The solution came in form of this little program I wrote. The program, I call iTunesImporter, will import all your ratings and play counts from Windows Media Player into iTunes. It works like this:

- If the total play count is greater in WMP than in iTunes the play count will be imported.
- If the play count is greater in WMP or if iTunes lack ratings for a song the rating will be imported.
- Else nothing will change.

I hope you enjoy this little program and please give me some feedback on it.

Download iTunesImporter (from FileFactory.com)
Download iTunesImporter (from mooload.com)

Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com

The Program is written in c# and requires .Net 1.1.

3 Comments:

Blogger kth6 said...

There is a better utility called MusicBridge (freeware) with syncs iTunes and WMP, it let's you isync playlistcs, covers and ratings provided the files are available on the libraries on both players

2:32 AM  
Blogger Poindexter said...

Thanks kth6. The links in the blog are totally bogus anyway.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Shaune said...

Lame post if it doesn't work. I would like it if I didn't have to manually redo all my ratings now that I'm switching to itunes.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home